Letter from the US Department of Education (ESEA) providing information regarding the use of funds under Title I, Part A (Title I) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA), to provide services to homeless children and youth. As you know, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2014, provided new authority regarding the use of Title I funds for this purpose. The Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015, extended this authority to the use of fiscal year (FY) 2015 Title I funds. I am taking this this opportunity to remind you of guidance regarding this authority that the U.S. Department of Education (ED) provided previously (dated July 22, 2014 and titled ”the use of Title I funds to provide services to homeless children and youth,”) and which continues to apply.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Order Texas Homeless Education Resources
The Texas homeless education posters and brochures are in the process of being updated to reflect the current ESSA and state law provisions. The target release date is Fall 2019. An updated ordering process will be made available soon.
Barbara Wand James Homeless Student Support Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates Ms. James' 24 years of service as Director of The Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources to Assist in Dealing with Hurricane Harvey
- TEA To the Administrator Addressed Letter: Re: Hurricane Harvey Enrollment Guidance
- 2017-2018 Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on School Attendance, Admission, Enrollment Records, and Tuition
- 2017-18 Charter School Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal
Trainings and Events
- There are no events currently scheduled. Check back later!
or schedule a training