Transportation Rural: The following strategies were compiled by the National Center for Homeless Education in March 2008 from local homeless education liaisons, state coordinators for homeless education, and state pupil transportation directors. All strategies must be reviewed for their alignment with your state’s or school district’s laws and policies related to pupil transportation. *Arranging Transportation – Existing Pupil Transportation *Arranging Transportation – Other Ideas. *Interdistrict Coordination *Resources *Collaborative Infrastructure
Sign Up for Email Updates
Order Texas Homeless Education Resources
To order posters, brochures, and other materials, click here.
Barbara Wand James Homeless Student Support Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates Ms. James' 24 years of service as Director of The Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources to Assist in Dealing with Hurricane Harvey
- TEA To the Administrator Addressed Letter: Re: Hurricane Harvey Enrollment Guidance
- 2017-2018 Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on School Attendance, Admission, Enrollment Records, and Tuition
- 2017-18 Charter School Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal
Trainings and Events
- Dec 20 Supporting the Education of Unaccompanied Homeless Students under ESSAWebinar
- Jan 16 Post-Secondary Considerations and Homeless/Foster Care EducationWebinar
- Jan 28 Collaborative Meeting for Homeless Liaisons in Collin, Denton and Grayson CountiesOther Training
or schedule a training