The Texas State Plan was prepared as a collaboration between the Texas Education Agency (TEA), the Education Service Center Region 10 (hereinafter referred to as “Region 10”), and the Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). The activities described herein are the major activities that will be undertaken to meet the requirements of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Improvement Act of 2002. The activities that the TEA, Region 10, and THEO will undertake to meet the requirements of McKinney-Vento are not limited solely to the activities mentioned in the State Plan.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Order Texas Homeless Education Resources
The Texas homeless education posters and brochures are in the process of being updated to reflect the current ESSA and state law provisions. The target release date is Fall 2019. An updated ordering process will be made available soon.
Barbara Wand James Homeless Student Support Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates Ms. James' 24 years of service as Director of The Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources to Assist in Dealing with Hurricane Harvey
- TEA To the Administrator Addressed Letter: Re: Hurricane Harvey Enrollment Guidance
- 2017-2018 Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on School Attendance, Admission, Enrollment Records, and Tuition
- 2017-18 Charter School Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal
Trainings and Events
- There are no events currently scheduled. Check back later!
or schedule a training