In the fall of 2016, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) announced a new comprehensive strategic plan outlining the Agency’s transformative effort to improve alignment, focus, and performance in service of strengthening academic outcomes for over five million students in public schools across Texas. This effort, which included extensive research and stakeholder engagement, resulted in the development of a new mission supported by four strategic priorities and three enablers that will drive and focus TEA’s work going forward.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Order Texas Homeless Education Resources
The Texas homeless education posters and brochures are in the process of being updated to reflect the current ESSA and state law provisions. The target release date is Fall 2019. An updated ordering process will be made available soon.
Barbara Wand James Homeless Student Support Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates Ms. James' 24 years of service as Director of The Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources to Assist in Dealing with Hurricane Harvey
- TEA To the Administrator Addressed Letter: Re: Hurricane Harvey Enrollment Guidance
- 2017-2018 Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on School Attendance, Admission, Enrollment Records, and Tuition
- 2017-18 Charter School Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal
Trainings and Events
- There are no events currently scheduled. Check back later!
or schedule a training