These instructions, developed by the Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO), are intended to assist districts in collecting and reporting information necessary for both PEIMS reporting and compliance with the McKinney-Vento Act regarding homeless students. This document itself is not a form or instrument that can be used to collect this information. However, it does contain sample language to collect the required information that can be incorporated into district enrollment forms or databases. There is a sample template included at the end of the document that can be modified by as a a stand-alone form to collect this information.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Order Texas Homeless Education Resources
To order posters, brochures, and other materials, click here.
Barbara Wand James Homeless Student Support Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates Ms. James' 24 years of service as Director of The Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources to Assist in Dealing with Hurricane Harvey
- TEA To the Administrator Addressed Letter: Re: Hurricane Harvey Enrollment Guidance
- 2017-2018 Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on School Attendance, Admission, Enrollment Records, and Tuition
- 2017-18 Charter School Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal
Trainings and Events
- There are no events currently scheduled. Check back later!
or schedule a training