This document addresses some of the most frequently asked questions on the PEIMS homeless and unaccompanied youth indicators. This document also incorporates changes to PEIMS regarding the identification of homeless children and youth effective beginning with the 2017-2018 school year.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Order Texas Homeless Education Resources
To order posters, brochures, and other materials, click here.
Barbara Wand James Homeless Student Support Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates Ms. James' 24 years of service as Director of The Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources to Assist in Dealing with Hurricane Harvey
- TEA To the Administrator Addressed Letter: Re: Hurricane Harvey Enrollment Guidance
- 2017-2018 Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on School Attendance, Admission, Enrollment Records, and Tuition
- 2017-18 Charter School Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal
Trainings and Events
- Mar 28 McKinney-Vento 101: Understanding the Rights of Students Experiencing HomelessnessWebinar
- Apr 09 McKinney-Vento School Selection RightsWebinar
- Apr 17 Supporting the Education of Unaccompanied Homeless Students Experiencing HomelessnessWebinar
or schedule a training