This brief is designed for educators and providers of services for youth experiencing homelessness, including State Coordinators for Homeless Education, local homeless education liaisons, and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY) Program grantees. It provides a brief overview of the federal Education for Homeless Children and Youth (EHCY) and RHY programs, highlights statutory requirements for cross-program collaboration, and suggests specific strategies for building effective education-RHY partnerships.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Order Texas Homeless Education Resources
To order posters, brochures, and other materials, click here.
Barbara Wand James Homeless Student Support Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates Ms. James' 24 years of service as Director of The Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources to Assist in Dealing with Hurricane Harvey
- TEA To the Administrator Addressed Letter: Re: Hurricane Harvey Enrollment Guidance
- 2017-2018 Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on School Attendance, Admission, Enrollment Records, and Tuition
- 2017-18 Charter School Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal
Trainings and Events
- There are no events currently scheduled. Check back later!
or schedule a training