Our community is participating in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning (LGBTQ) Youth Homelessness Prevention Initiative, led by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This initiative consists of developing and implementing a plan for LGBTQ youth homelessness prevention and intervention in two communities, including Hamilton County, Ohio, and Harris County, Texas. Montrose Center is Harris County’s local lead for this initiative. For questions or comments, please contact Deb Murphy, Youth Service Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.529.3590. The national initiative’s goals are to learn more about (1) preventing homelessness for LGBTQ youth and (2) intervening early to prevent chronic homelessness among LGBTQ youth
Sign Up for Email Updates
Order Texas Homeless Education Resources
To order posters, brochures, and other materials, click here.
Barbara Wand James Homeless Student Support Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates Ms. James' 24 years of service as Director of The Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources to Assist in Dealing with Hurricane Harvey
- TEA To the Administrator Addressed Letter: Re: Hurricane Harvey Enrollment Guidance
- 2017-2018 Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on School Attendance, Admission, Enrollment Records, and Tuition
- 2017-18 Charter School Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal
Trainings and Events
- There are no events currently scheduled. Check back later!
or schedule a training