This chart reviews some common situations that occur for which the school district must determine MV eligibility and/or unaccompanied youth status for a student. An “X” has been placed under each column heading that applies to the student’s designation for each of the scenarios. For each scenario there are four (4) possible outcomes in this chart: (1) the student is only MV eligible; (2) the student only meets the criteria for an unaccompanied youth; (3) the student meets the criteria for both MV and unaccompanied youth designations; and (4) the student does not meet the criteria for either MV or unaccompanied youth designations, in which case there will not be an “X” in either box.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Order Texas Homeless Education Resources
To order posters, brochures, and other materials, click here.
Barbara Wand James Homeless Student Support Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates Ms. James' 24 years of service as Director of The Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources to Assist in Dealing with Hurricane Harvey
- TEA To the Administrator Addressed Letter: Re: Hurricane Harvey Enrollment Guidance
- 2017-2018 Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on School Attendance, Admission, Enrollment Records, and Tuition
- 2017-18 Charter School Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal
Trainings and Events
- There are no events currently scheduled. Check back later!
or schedule a training