The bibliography is intended to inform, educate, and empower those who serve at‐risk children, youth, and families, especially those who are homeless and/or highly mobile. This edition includes items published in 2013 that are listed topically for easy reference. The list is not exhaustive but does represent a cross‐section of materials available. Nine publications from NCHE including issue briefs, research summaries and data collection reports, are detailed. The bibliography also references products issued by related Federal agencies and organizations on homeless families, children and youth as well as scholarly articles and studies.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Order Texas Homeless Education Resources
The Texas homeless education posters and brochures are in the process of being updated to reflect the current ESSA and state law provisions. The target release date is Fall 2019. An updated ordering process will be made available soon.
Barbara Wand James Homeless Student Support Scholarship
This scholarship celebrates Ms. James' 24 years of service as Director of The Texas Homeless Education Office (THEO). For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.
- Local, State, and Federal Resources to Assist in Dealing with Hurricane Harvey
- TEA To the Administrator Addressed Letter: Re: Hurricane Harvey Enrollment Guidance
- 2017-2018 Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on School Attendance, Admission, Enrollment Records, and Tuition
- 2017-18 Charter School Letter from TEA’s Chief Legal Counsel on Admission, Enrollment, and Withdrawal
Trainings and Events
- There are no events currently scheduled. Check back later!
or schedule a training