In this interactive NCHE webinar, presenters will provide a high-level overview of the educational rights of children and youth experiencing homelessness under Subtitle VII-B of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Presenters will cover:
- Understanding the relationship between housing and school performance
- McKinney-Vento basics and context
- Eligibility for McKinney-Vento rights and services
- Immediate school enrollment, school selection, and transportation rights under McKinney-Vento
- The McKinney-Vento dispute resolution process
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with presenters and fellow attendees through polls and Q&A/discussion periods.
Handouts: You may download webinar handouts at https://nche.ed.gov/mckinney-vento-101-understanding-the-rights-of-students-experiencing-homelessness/.
Presenters: NCHE Staff
Thursday, March 28, 2019; 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT (please adjust for your time zone)
Please visit https://nche.ed.gov/web/group.php for complete webinar information and registration links.
Feel free to share this information with interested colleagues.