In this interactive webinar, presenters will provide an overview of school selection rights for children and youth experiencing homelessness under the McKinney-Vento Act, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Presenters will review:
– ESSA basics, including key implementation dates
– The definition of “school of origin”
– Key considerations for determining the best interest of the child or youth in terms of school selection
– McKinney-Vento provisions related to the transportation of currently homeless students and formerly homeless students who have become permanently housed
– McKinney-Vento dispute resolution provisions, including disputes about school enrollment and selection
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with presenters and fellow attendees through polls and discussion periods.
Presenters: NCHE Staff
March 21, 2018; 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT (please adjust for your time zone)
To register: https://uncg.webex.com/uncg/onstage/g.php?
For a complete description of this session, visit: MTID=eb469fbeceab29272cf045908ac5f4b32
For a complete listing of NCHE webinars or to register for any NCHE webinar, visit: https://nche.ed.gov/web/group.php
Please share this information with interested colleagues.